NORTHAMPTON AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY
SIEGFRIED TRAIN STATION
This Victorian-era station served the Central Railroad of New Jersey for many years until passenger service was discontinued in 1945. The village of Siegfried was named after Revolutionary War hero Col. John Siegfried who owned a tavern there. The village was incorporated into the Borough of Alliance (later renamed Northampton) in 1901, but the station retained its original name throughout history. The building was completely restored in 1976 by the Northampton Historical Society and now serves as the home base for the Northampton Area Historical Society.
Email - NorthamptonAreaHistSoc@gmail.com